ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Award the contract and let market conditions prevail

  • To: "'xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx'" <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Award the contract and let market conditions prevail
  • From: Richard Schreier <richard@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:01:19 +0000

I am glad to see that ICANN has finally issued the draft contract for ICM to
operate the XXX Registry.  At this stage, where finally all of the required
pre-requisites have been met, it's time to let the market prevail.  There will
be many who will not buy a XXX domain and there will be many who will.  The
ultimate future of the XXX TLD should now really rest with the market.  I say
award the contract and let XXX succeed on its own merits.