ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

No to .xxx

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to .xxx
  • From: Webmaster <Webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:30:45 -0700

I'm tired of Stuart Lawley using the thousands of reservations of .xxx
domain names as some kind of support for his venture. Including his recent tactic of sending out an e-mail blast, to those who pre-registered domains, with a pre-written letter of support that gets sent when you think the link takes you to the ICAAN site to see other comments. His company offered business people the opportunity to reserve their .com counterparts in .xxx, should it ever happen. I certainly reserved mine. That doesn't mean Isupport .xxx. It means I'm a business man who is protecting my interests in the event of an repugnant outcome to this never-ending saga. Imagine if I
were forced to move my properties to .xxx only to find cybersquatters had
scooped up my domain names, talk about adding insult to injury. Of course I
reserved my domain names, so have thousands of others, it doesn't mean we
support .xxx, it just means I'm preparing for the worst-case scenario.

With the inflated pricing he is looking for from .xxx registrants he's clearly looking at a money grab for his company. Any altruistic ideas that he has put forth
are strictly for show and have no relevance to his desire for wanting to create
this
tld.

Please let .xxx die.