ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

the criminal attempt at creating a .XXX extension - DENY THIS REQUEST!

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: the criminal attempt at creating a .XXX extension - DENY THIS REQUEST!
  • From: "CzechBoys Legal" <legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:16:45 +0200

Dear Sirs and Madams:

The fact that you are considering an extortion attempt by a single company
to try to get money out of an entire industry is shameful.

Like tens of thousands of others, our company survives on the internet and
we have refused to cave into ICM Registry and make a "preemptive"
registration of our brand in their disgusting attempt at taking money from
us when no money should be paid.

For 11 years we have an online brand and presence, but in an instant someone
can steal that brand if you allow this to go through.

Furthermore, you are allowing every government in the world to simply flick
a switch and shut off adult content in their country.

Unless you want to be part of censorship of the internet and allow a single,
greedy operation to profit from the hard work of an entire industry, I would
strongly urge you to DENY the ICM registries request for a .XXX extension.

DENY THEIR REQUEST!

Regards,

Pavel