ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX is a bad idea...

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX is a bad idea...
  • From: davethetruth <sextoys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:35:49 -0700

Hello, I run a sex toy website and I'm just writing you today to let you
know that .XXX is a bad idea.

If you're trying to isolate porn to .xxx domains then you would actually be
creating MORE pornsites with .xxx extensions, since you can't take away
someone's business, just because they're not on a .xxx

Not only this but a ".kid" extension just makes a lot more sense. A .kid
extention would be for kid friendly sites.

Sincerely,

David