ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Opinion on the .xxx TLD

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opinion on the .xxx TLD
  • From: Yngwie <yngwie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 19:34:03 -0400

I personally do no support this. This will not help protect children. I personally think that they should have a tld strictly for children and this way the parents can make sure that their children only have access to sites which use that TLD. If adult businesses were made to use .xxx it would affect their business in a negative way. In my opinion this has nothing to do with protecting children. It's all about money. I'm all for businesses making money, but if doing that will negatively affect many other business it's not fair to them. Create a new tld like .kid and that will make it easier for parents to make sure their children do not see material that is intended for adults. .xxx will do nothing good for anyone except the people/companies selling .xxx domains. Might as well just ask all parents to stop purchasing adult magazines and movies so that their children will not accidentally find them.

Thank you for your time
Alain Lalonde