ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Voting against the XXX TLD.

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Voting against the XXX TLD.
  • From: Ed Cetera <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 15:18:12 +0100

I run a softcore site which barely strays into what most people would consider to be porn. If my site is lumped together with a mass of porn sites it will without doubt destroy my business. .XXX is misleading and unnecessary, rather than protecting the underage or uninterested, surely it will become a Holy Grail for teenagers who should not visit those sort of site. Who decides the protection, the selection criteria?

The whole thing is a silly, poorly thought out idea with few merits other than making large amounts of money for those who run it. .XXX is a bad idea, forget it now.