ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

say no to .XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: say no to .XXX
  • From: Drewslife@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 13:44:43 EDT

To whom it may concern,

                                     As a parent of 2, I have had to take on
the job of learning more about computers  than my kids.  I have taken classes
on software to learn which is best for  protecting my kids while they are on
line and suggest more parents do the  same.  I paid for the computer my kids
use, and I paid to have the internet  brought into my house, so I feel
responsible for how it is used under my  roof.  I'm ashamed that other people
that call
themselves parents do  nothing to protect their children, yet blame everyone
else for what their kids  view online and they are the ones that brought it
into their own homes.  I  once read a statement that I think holds true: "you
wouldn't let your kids  play on the highway, so why would you let them play on
the information super  highway without supervision?"  I think that .XXX will be
bad on so many  levels and I urge you to not even consider the proposal.

Thank you.

Drew S.