ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

I am NOT in favor of the .XXX TLD proposition

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I am NOT in favor of the .XXX TLD proposition
  • From: "Chris Allen" <callen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 19:23:13 -0500

After watching fellow webmasters debate the usefulness of the
proposition for the .xxx TLD, I must voice my opinion that this is NOT a
good idea.

I do NOT support the idea that this will make children safer on the
internet. As I am sure someone has already pointed out, it will make the
type of content that you are trying to protect children from more
accessible (what 12 year old boy can't put together that if he adds a
.xxx behind a domain name he will access some naked bodies?).

We live in a time where the actions of children are blamed on everyone
and everything else other than the parents who are responsible for
raising them. I, as a father of two boys, understand that the
responsibility is clearing upon my shoulders, and I do NOT look for
anyone nor anything else to teach my children the values that I want
them to have in order to grow up to be productive citizens.

At this point, I feel that the .xxx domain idea should be squashed.