ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

I STRONGLY Oppose .XXX & For Good Reason

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I STRONGLY Oppose .XXX & For Good Reason
  • From: Klay10 <count_f1oyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 00:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

A forced registration of .xxx domains upon the adult industry will surely
result in nothing more than utter chaos for adult webmasters.  Long time
established adult businesses will run the risk of having their name stolen if
.xxx goes through.  Who is to stop any average Joe from registering the .xxx
version of a largely successful .com or .net domain?

  .XXX will NOT put a stop to a minor's access to pornography.  Those who wish
to expose children to pornography will continue to do so despite .xxx being in
place.  It would not affect the flow of child pornography or any other illegal
content. Why would those who are already engaging in illegal activities stop at
the risk of doing something illegal?

  The adult industry should not suffer due to a parent's inability to be
exactly that; a parent.  A parent should be held responsible for blocking a
child's access to sexually explicit material.  Even if this material is all
located at a .xxx location, if a parent fails to be responsible enough to block
access to this domain, a child may view it just as easily, if not more
easily...for all they would have to do is type practically anything.xxx & the
implementation of .xxx becomes useless & void.

  I urge you to oppose .xxx, as it will only create chaos for those who have
established a reputable adult business & will do nothing to prevent a minor's
access to such content.

  Thank You for Your Time,
  C-Lo