ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX
  • From: Colin Richmond <jetjackson8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 22:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

To Whom it may Concern,
I would like to voice objection to the proposal to allow a single company to
control the .XXX Domains. This proposal by ICM, is only about making money for
them, rather than a serious attempt at filtering websites, to keep under-aged
internet users from viewing adult sites.
 As a matter of record, I do subscribe to an Adult site, and this ridiculous
proposal will only cost myself and millions of other adults (more than just
money), because, if the proposal goes ahead, this ICM will then demand premium
rates from Adult WebSite owners to keep thier sites open.
While I do concede there is a problem with under-aged internet users accessing
Adult sites, this is not the  way to go to stop this, (which it probably won't
anyway).
I hope sanity prevails and this proposal by ICM is rejected.

Sincerely,
Jet Jackson.

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.