ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

XXX TLD Opposition

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX TLD Opposition
  • From: Darlene MacComb <darlenemaccomb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 00:51:09 -0700 (PDT)

  I oppose the creation of the XXX TLD. It will not
serve any purpose other than you guys bowing down to
political pressure from the far religious right. There
are no shoratage of filters, software that blocks
content and other options (not to mention parents
actually being parents instead of using the Internet
as a babysitter) to deal with protecting children and
of equal importance protecting my rights to free
speech. In addition the main persons/groups that
propose this then stand to make a fortune off of
inflated domain name sales. But then you guys already
know that.
                                 Ms. MacComb