ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Thoughts on .xxx

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Thoughts on .xxx
  • From: "Almighty_Jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:03:52 -0400

.XXX is about money and taking advantage of a situation, nothing more
nothing less. Those behind .XXX are opportunists, nothing more nothing less.
The facts are that .XXX will not protect kids from pornography on the
Internet. .XXX will not stop the bad CP people either. I am sure that ICANN
has extremely intelligent people driving the ship, and can see right through
the veil of "false desire" that those in favor of .XXX are painting for
them. Lets hope that they are not swayed by the deceitful tactics of those
who are planning to line their pockets with the results of a decision
opposed by the majority in the online adult theatre. Many online adult
webmasters are afraid of the spotlight, but are greatly opposed to .XXX.
Those of us who are not afraid of standing up for the rest of the industry
should be counted as exponential voices for those that are not willing to
publicly post their views and positions for fear of future retaliation or
exploitation. For every one of us that are making public comments, there are
99 behind us that will not publicly post their opinon. .XXX is a coup of
sorts, with the full intention being greed. I have been involved in online
adult marketing since 1999 and this is one of the most abhorrent displays of
brute thuggery that I have had the displeasure of experiencing. .XXX serves
no positive intent. .XXX has many detrimental ripple effects. We
respectfully request that ICANN really take a look at the intentions of
those behind .XXX and not allow their presented falsities and deception to
sway a decision in favor of those motivated by money. .XXX is bad for
everyone in so many ways. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards
A very concerned webmaster.