ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX
  • From: <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 17:24:19 -0700

Sirs,
I oppose the creation of the TLD of .XXX , as it will do nothing to prevent the
horrible crimes of child pornography, nor will it effectively do anything to
prevent people from accessing adult material.

I run many adult websites, and do not like the prospect that suddenly all of my
efforts and marketing of my domain names would need to be redon, and at a cost
of TEN times the amount I am currently paying for each domain name as a .COM or
.NET - nevermind the fact that there would be NO assurances that I could get
the domain names on the .XXX that I need for my current sites. Domain names of
businesses, websites, and individual models that I do websites for now, could
be "squatted" on by "internet entrepeneurs", in order to hold hostage domains
that shouldgo with sites I currently run.

The creation of .XXX seems a "simple solution",  however it is not going to do
anything but cost current web developers time, and money. Plus, noone has come
out and said what would have to be done with current .COM & .NET names that we
presently run. I am VIGOROUSLY opposed to the .xxx, especially if it calls for
.COM & .NET to no longer be used for the work I have spent years creating.

All the best,
Gerald Saunders
SPUNGY GUNK FILMS