ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

opposed to xxx tld

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: opposed to xxx tld
  • From: "Mark" <mrl21@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 21:17:06 -0400

Hi,
As an adult webmaster, I am adamantly opposed to the creation of the xxx tld. There are so many better and easier ways to reduce children's exposure to pornography than this crazy idea which is simply a way for those running the xxx tld to make money. All of us who have worked years trying to establish our domains for brand recognition or search engine rankings, could have years of hard work undone instantly. And those of us with perhaps hundreds of domains, will now have to go and buy hundreds more, for which we will probably be charged an outrageous amount. This is just a scheme for a few people to get rich at the expense of the adult community under the guise of protecting kids from adult material.

Sincerely,
Mark Lambert