ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

No to .XXX TLD >>

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to .XXX TLD >>
  • From: Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 23:12:52 -0400

As an adult webmaster, US citizen, and parent I am writing to state my opposition of the .XXX top level domain. The ICM Registry has falsely presented the new extension under the misconception that it is in the best interest of child protection online. What it will do is create a 100% success rate for children looking for adult material under the .XXX TLD. As well as cause a flood of new adult sites and content onto this new stage. This is not in the best interest of our children. It's in the best interest of those like the ICM Registry looking to gain huge wealth and profits under the false claim of "child protection".

The only real way to protect children online is through parental supervision and filtering/monitoring software. Instead of restricting or segregating adult content parents need to hold the burden of protecting their children online. Filtering or monitoring software does work! Parents are just to lazy to become informed and bare responsibility for protecting their own children.

The creation of this online "Red light District" could also lead to the first forms of censorship and segregation of the Internet. Thus causing irreparable damage to our constitutional freedoms as US citizens. Leaving the rest of the world free to publish unaffected by any new US restrictions.

Reject .XXX !!!!

P$