ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Oppose xxx TLD

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Oppose xxx TLD
  • From: "DVDs for a Buck" <pamela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:53:54 -0700

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sending this e-mail to say that I am opposed to a dot XXX TLD.

 From what I have read regarding this domain, I am not convinced that this is
a solution to keeping minors from encountering sites deemed inappropriate or
illegal for their consumption.  Since the dot XXX domain would not be
enforceable to sites based outside of the United States, parents and
children will still have adult sites to contend with.

There are also a considerable number of sites, based in the United States,
that contain adult content that children will still be able to access such
as MySpace and YouTube even if the dot XXX domain goes into effect.

I fully support the efforts of parents to help make the Internet safe for
children through education, software technology for filtering as well as
business owners/employees undertaking responsible business practices.  It is
my belief that these tools would be more effective than creating a specific
domain for a certain type of website.

Regards,

Pamela Butkowski

http://www.dvdsforabuck.com <http://www.dvdsforabuck.com/>