ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

ICANN - I am against the .xxx domain

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - I am against the .xxx domain
  • From: dnbhed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 23:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear ICANN,

I have run my adult website for over 10 years now since 1995 with a
verisign registered .com address, my site primarily serves softcore porn
photos featuring beautiful nude women.   I have always run my site with a
disclaimer screen that warns people to not enter unless they are aged 18
or older or the legal age for pornography in their state.  After years of
quietly running my adult site I am now appalled that this company in
Florida will force adult webmasters to use a XXX domain and pay a premium
price of $75.00 a year.   This is obviously some way to line the pockets
of some rich lobbyist or politician, or some unscrupulous company.  Please
note that moving all U.S. adult webmasters to .XXX will not stop
pornography from proliferating, since much of the porn accessible from the
major search engines is *not* U.S.-based, many of these unscrupulous adult
webmasters will simply move their servers offshore to avoid the XXX
domain.   You'll see a mass proliferation of sites in places like co.jp,
co.cn, co.vn, co.uk, etc.

Please reconsider and revoke the XXX domain..  maybe a national
registration for adult sites would be good such as a DO NOT ACCESS list
shared by web browsers, much like the DO NOT CALL list that is being used
now for phone solictors.

Thank you for reading,
Ryan