ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Letter in opposition of a .XXX domain

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Letter in opposition of a .XXX domain
  • From: Snowman <snowman872@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:27:58 -0700

I strongly oppose the creation of a .XXX domain.  I am a webmaster of
multiple adult web sites and feel the taking of our .COM names is highly
inappropriate.  A more sensible solution (if we are concerned about
children) is the creation of a "kid safe" .KIDS domain.  in the meantime,
*parents* need to take responsibility for what their children see on the
Internet and monitor their activities closely.  They should also be using
filtering software and only permit their children to use the Internet within
their view.

No one is forced to visit my sites.  The only people who view it are those
who wish to see the material.  Others who are offended should avert their
eyes and click to another site.  The .XXX proposal is a restriction on
lawful speech and offensive to the free speech principles in the First
Amendment.  Sexually explicit materials should not be relegated to an .XXX
ghetto to appease the most conservative members of society.

-- Snowman

Visit Snowman's Raincoat Reviews & Asian Porno Hotties
http://www.raincoatreviews.com  (main site)
http://www.asianpornohotties.com  (asian porno hotties)
http://www.raincoatreviews.com/forums/index.php?  (discussions)