ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] WHOIS TF: Brainstorming on privacy.

  • To: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Interim ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] WHOIS TF: Brainstorming on privacy.
  • From: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:08:23 -0300

Vittorio,

The privacy issue is just starting in Latin America. Although privacy was
recognized a long time ago, there wasn't a clear mecanism of enforcenment.
Some countries adopted an figure called Habeas Data in the past years, and,
after the privacy issues came with The Net and some financial services
(credit history, etc) there is an ongoing debate. I'll check my files to see
if I find something in English or Italian to send you.

BR,

Sebastian