ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] WHOIS action items after GNSO Council call

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] WHOIS action items after GNSO Council call
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:07:36 +0200

Hello,

pursuant to today's call of the GNSO Council, we should address the
following action items on WHOIS:

- The GAC is planning to have a workshop on WHOIS privacy in
  Montreal, and the GNSO is asking the President to prepare a
  somewhat extended workshop, and wants to get involved with
  planning that workshop.

  I'd suggest that we work through our GAC liaison and with ICANN
  staff to get involved with the planning committee for that
  workshop, too.

- The GNSO Council is going to follow the process outlined in the
  WHOIS privacy issues report prepared by ICANN staff, and will set
  up a "Steering Group" which will have the mission to work on
  fact-finding, and on preparing suitable terms of reference for
  Task Forces which would then have to address bite-size pieces of
  the issues report.

  We'll have the opportunity to send a representative to that
  steering group.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler (at) does-not-exist.org>