ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Draft: WHOIS pitch for announce list.

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Draft: WHOIS pitch for announce list.
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:31:35 +0200

Please find attached a draft for what could go to our announce list
on WHOIS.  The text is deliberately trying to stay away from
academic diligence and delicate diplomacy -- instead, it's an
attempt to communicate the fundamental dilemma in simple words, and
make it clear to people why they should be concerned.

Concerning the FAQ idea which I had mentioned late last week, it
seems that there is some work towards a "glossary" underway with
some people involved in the unofficial whois-coordination list.  I
don't think we don't need to duplicate that work.

Comments or thoughts?
--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler (at) does-not-exist.org>