ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Various

  • To: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Interim ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Various
  • From: Erick Iriarte Ahon <faia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:33:12 -0500

Maybe Sebastian can participate in the Whois Group.. in the rep. of ALAC

Erick

At 05:20 p.m. 18/06/2003 -0300, Sebastian Ricciardi wrote:
Dear Fellows,

First of all, I would like to welcome the appointed members to the commitee.
To work with such qualified members as Tadao Takahashi (Who was responsible
of the "Green Book", one of the wider studies of Information Society in
Latin America, among other achievments), and the rest of you, will set - I
hope - renewed basis for debate and ideas interchange. I am very excited
about the future of our work. If you need any briefing about past
discussions, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone on the group. I
am sure that Denise sent you already a briefing about past & current
activities, anyway.

I'm setting up the list for regional outreach, I'll mail it to Denise in a
few days for redistribution among the interested parties. Denise, I assume
that someone in ICANN Staff can send me some information regarding the use
of the ICANN logo, the ICANN name, and the formalities that must be
fulfilled when seeking funding for additional activities. Can you enlight me
on this matter ?

As you all might know - specially those of you who are subscribed the WHOIS
list hosted by Tucows - there is an interesting discussion on WHOIS. Reading
the discussion and after a few days of studying the subject, I think that we
may want to submit a stronger statement regarding user's privacy than the
one we already sent. Wendy, Esther, Thomas & Vittorio: do you feel that the
discussion is heading to the right way ? Aren't you concern about ideas
given such as paying a fee for improved privacy? What are your thoughts
regarding Montreal Meeting ?

Carlos, do the GAC have a common position on this matter ?

Regards,

Sebastian