ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Suggested response to sTLD RFP

  • To: wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Suggested response to sTLD RFP
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:16:43 +0200

I agree to send the document as is.

Personally, I would have preferred a shorter text, with some key issues, like the preference to remove the limitation to sTLDs, and moreover the limitation to the 2000 candidatures. However, I applaude the initiative, and don't think that we need now to trim details.

At our next teleconference, I plan to report about the discussions on the BoD mailing list. Since we have now a liaison, we might use it for a short message summarizing the key points of our position. Up to now, I have expressed only my personal position, that is for no further delay in the introduction of new TLDs, and for enhancing diversity. I feel this to be the majority position of ALAC, but since we did not have a formal decision, I kept in at the personal level.

Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison