[alac] Draft Declaration of Principles (Last Version 19/09/2003)
The Last version of Draft Declarion of Principles.. some interesting articles:
2)[1)] Information and communication infrastructure [:an essential foundation for the information society]
15.  Connectivity is a central enabling agent in building the Information Society. [Universal,] [ubiquitous] [, equitable] and affordable access to ICT infrastructure and services, including access to power, and postal services, constitutes one of the primary challenges of the Information Society and must be an objective of all stakeholders involved in building it, in conformity with the domestic legislation of each country.
6) Enabling environment
39. [44.] [The international management of the Internet should be multilateral, transparent and democratic, with the full involvement of governments, the private sector, civil society and international organizations. It should ensure an equitable distribution of resources, facilitate access for all and ensure a stable and secure functioning of the Internet, taking into account multilingualism.
40. The management of the Internet encompasses both technical and policy issues. The private sector has had and will continue to have an important role in the development of the Internet [at the technical level].
41. Policy authority for Internet-related public policy issues should be the sovereign right of countries.
42. [Internet issues of an international nature related to public policies should be coordinated
a) between governments and other interested parties.
b) through/by appropriate intergovernmental organizations under the UN framework.
c) as appropriate on an intergovernmental basis.
d) through/by appropriate international organizations.
e) through appropriate and mutually agreed international organizations.]]