ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] SiteFinder: an interesting approach

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] SiteFinder: an interesting approach
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:24:26 +0200

Please find below an interesting approach used by an Internet user.
Details hidden for privacy.

Regards

Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:31:25 -0500
From: Xxxxx Xxxxx <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Request to discontinue Sitefinder service
To: dcpolicy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ...............................

Verisign legal:

I am writing to you in regards to your recently implemented 'Sitefinder'
service (http://sitefinder.verisign.com), in which you re-route all .net and
.com top level domain web inquiries that do not have a DNS entry to your
corporate website.

(http://sitefinder.verisign.com/terms.jsp), I want to discontinue use of
your Sitefinder 'service'. Please remove all Sitefinder redirecting
wildcards from public DNS tables so that I can faithfully exercise my
option.

10. Sole Remedy. YOUR USE OF THE VERISIGN SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE
DISSATISFIED WITH ANY OF THE MATERIALS, RESULTS OR OTHER CONTENTS OF THE
VERISIGN SERVICES OR WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT,
OR OTHER POLICIES, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE VERISIGN
SERVICES OR OUR SITE.