ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Proposed process for At Large Structure applications

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Proposed process for At Large Structure applications
  • From: "Matsumoto, Tommy" <Tommy.Matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:15:32 +0900

Vittorio

This is Tommy and My comments are below;

Questions:
- is 2 weeks a reasonable time for the review?

Tommy   ;       It is reasonable.

- should the reviewer be an ICANN staff person, or should he/she be a
Committee member (perhaps from the same Region as the applicant) chosen
by rotation? Or perhaps a group composed by staff + members from the Region?

Tommy   ;       I recommend Staff + Member from the region

- should there be a recommendation with the report, or just a report?

Tommy   ;       A recommendation with the report

- should the report and/or recommendation of the reviewer be
confidential to Committee members, or public?

Tommy   ;       I think it will be confidential to Committee

- is 3 days a reasonable time for voting? (also, to approve do we need
2/3 of those who vote, or 2/3 of all members?)

Tommy   ;       5 days will be reasonable and 2/3 of those who vote with
over 2/3 member's vote

- should individual votes be public or private?

Tommy   ;       Private

I also have one question taht is the application form a fixed form or a free
form?

Best Regards,
Tommy Matsumoto