ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Proposed ALAC restatement on WHOIS (draft2)

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Proposed ALAC restatement on WHOIS (draft2)
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:31:50 +0100

On 2003-10-28 06:25:49 -0800, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> I've revised this to account for comments from Ken and Thomas
> (the only comments I've heard since posting last Thursday).  If
> committee members agree, can we post this tomorrow, when the
> WHOIS discussions will be taking place in Carthage?

I'd only suggest one more change (apologies for the last minute
suggestion):

> Unfortunately, there has been no progress since February.
> Indeed, on the privacy front, there has been regress.  Domain
> name registrants are forbidden from using pseudonyms or fuzzy,

I'd strike "Indeed, ..., there has been regress" -- that's a fact
statement which might be somewhat hard to back up.

Other than that, the document is great.
--
Thomas Roessler  <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/