ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] [fwd] [council] Staff Manager's Issues report: New registry Services (from: gnso.secretariat@gnso.icann.org)

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] [fwd] [council] Staff Manager's Issues report: New registry Services (from: gnso.secretariat@gnso.icann.org)
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:10:15 +0100

Thomas Roessler ha scritto:
> (Barbara Roseman)
The perspective that would be most useful to me, and that I'm most lacking
at this time, is how your constituency will be affected by there being in
place a process for the introduction of new registry services.  I'm seeking
your constituency's collective views on how the process should ideally be
shaped to most adequately reflect your concerns.

Does this practically mean that the comment we'll submit tomorrow should already contain our position on the outcome of this PDP? It doesn't seem feasible (nor acceptable with such a short notice). Perhaps we should add to our comment a final reminder to say that our answer to many of the fundamental issues raised for this PDP, including whether the ALAC should be part of the registry services policy making process and how, still has to be worked out during the course of the PDP.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org