ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: DRAFT: Statement on Registry Services.

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: DRAFT: Statement on Registry Services.
  • From: Izumi Aizu <izumi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:54:45 +0900

Thanks Thomas, I found (only) two points:

1) Do we propose that registries have to prove that there is no harm,
and then who will evaluate that proof?

Put them into public comment, and let the Board finally decide?
Could we make some kind of suggestion about these specific procedure?
Or leave it as general?

2) I agree that registries should not leverage their monopoly position into
other markets. Do we have some more "guidelines" as to how specifically
we can define "bad behavior" by leveraging into other markets?
There can be grey areas.

I support that this be put into our "public comment" process as Denise
wrote, if we have that time frame.

Thanks,

izumi