ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ALAC Statement on WSIS Declaration of Principles and Plan of Actions

  • To: Izumi Aizu <izumi@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ALAC Statement on WSIS Declaration of Principles and Plan of Actions
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:10:02 +0100

Izumi Aizu ha scritto:
> Vittorio and all
>
> I assume this will be posted very soon to our website,
> and could we make it clear that this is a Draft - and welcomes
> public comments so that we might modify accordingly?

We are receiving lots of good comments, so I think that we should aim to
release a new statement just before the Rome meeting, incorporating the
comments we will receive in the next 2-3 weeks and any points we might
want to add/revise. So we might mark the present statement (for example,
in accompanying letters or introductory paragraphs) as a "first statement"
in view of subsequent statements that we will release in the next months.

In the meantime, however, I think we should start to circulate it (for
example, to the UN Secretary and UN ICT TF) so that we don't risk coming
out too late! I don't think that we can wait for more time before coming
out with something.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org