ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Rome schedule

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Rome schedule
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:10:11 +0100

We still have to determine times of most of our events in Rome (and also
announce them!)

- Internal meetings:
        - Sunday: we should possibly meet for a dinner on Sunday
(unfortunately I'll be speaking at the GAC workshop 5:30-6:30, and anyway
not everybody will be there on Sunday afternoon)
        - Monday: we should possibly avoid conflict with the GAC open
session, so we should have an internal meeting 1:30-4pm;
        - Tuesday: not sure whether we will actually have time for internal
meetings, since that is constituency day + regional meetings day;
        - Wednesday: we could meet 3-4pm, which is the only available slot;
we might decide to continue after 4pm without Thomas, but I'd like to avoid
it;
        - Thursday: unless something new pops up, we should have time to
meet 8:30-11;
        - Friday: after public forum, possibly we should have a wrap up
(2-3pm?); I am being booked for the ISOC Italy Council 2-6pm, but I'll first
ensure that we finish our own things.
I think we should keep all those slots reserved in our program, then we
might decide to drop some of them if we see that we don't need them, or turn
them into public meetings or whatever.

- At Large regional meetings: The European one is fixed for Monday,
10:30-12:30. The other ones are still to be defined... but first of all, I'd
like to hear from members of each Region whether they think they should
actually have one, particularly about the African and North American ones,
since most of our members won't be in Rome. Could please members from each
Region who want to have a Regional meeting confirm this, and propose a time
to have them on Tuesday? Otherwise, if there is not any actual need for all
these meetings, perhaps we might actually "collapse" all or some of them
into a single "public At Large organizing meeting" on Tuesday (early
afternoon, I think, is the option that less conflicts with constituency
meetings we might want to attend).
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...