ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Revised draft statemetn for TFs 1 & 2

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Revised draft statemetn for TFs 1 & 2
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:16:20 -0800

It's unfortunate that the order of the questions leads us to structure this document with "access" first, and "data collection" second, because I think the only successful solution to preserving privacy in WHOIS is to minimize the data collected in the first place. To me, tiered access is a weak band-aid that may resolve some problems, but creates others, primarily inequities among different legitimate data users.

--Wendy