ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Nomcom process

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Nomcom process
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:41:21 +0200

I agree in particular with Thomas on the point below.
Of the different ways proposed, I prefer the first one, to ask them for nominations.
Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison

* We need to get at-large structures involved. There are several ways to do that:

  - Ask them for nominations, and give their nominations particular
    weight.
  - Look for candidates among their members.
  - Ask them to vet a short-list of nominees.  This, of course,
    brings us to the question what information about nominees we are
    going to make publicly available, and how we possibly expect
    structures to deal with that informtion.  We could, of course,
    ask the structures to send us one person, each, that
    participates in the nomcom member picking exercise.