ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Nomcom process

  • To: <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Nomcom process
  • From: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:55:53 -0700

The ALAC didn't actually use a "free form" approach last year.  It asked for
expressions of interest (full contact information with resume or CV) and
those interested were asked to complete the following questionnaire.  For
the NomCom form, see
http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/formal-call-05apr03.txt (bottom of
page).

Questions for ALAC Nominating Committee delegate candidates

1.  Why are you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee and
what skills, knowledge or attitude would you contribute to the Committee in
making its choice of members for the ICANN Board and other key positions?

2.  Briefly describe your experience with domain name system issues (issues
relating to Internet domain names, IP address numbers, protocol parameter
and port numbers) (if any), including ICANN governance issues (this could be
technical, managerial, political, legal, etc.), and also your experience
with At-Large issues (issues that affect the individual Internet user
community) (if any).

3.  Briefly describe any current involvement you may have with other ICANN
constituency groups or their members (see
http://www.icann.org/general/support-orgs.htm for information on
constituencies), or potential At-Large Structures/Regional At-Large
Organizations, or advocacy or interest groups.  (This question is designed
to indicate your knowledge of ICANN and its issues, as well as to point out
any possible conflicts of interest).