[alac] Replacement of ALAC members
- To: alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [alac] Replacement of ALAC members
- From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:30:54 +0200
There are some of the initial Board-appointed members of the ALAC who have
indicated that, after two years of service, they would like to step down.
I propose that we write to the Board and suggest that they should be
prepared to quickly replace such members - possibly before Cape Town - and
perhaps propose a process.
Assuming that it is the Board, not the NomCom, that has the power to replace
these members, I would suggest to the Board to adopt the following process:
- the ALAC issues a call for nominations to the At Large Structures and the
general public (2 weeks)
- the NomCom forwards this call to their ALAC applicants from this year's
- all nominations coming from either of the two channels are forwarded to
- the Board decides how to handle them (i.e. with a subcommittee, or with a
joint Board-ALAC subcommittee, or by forwarding them to the NomCom)
- the appointments are decided
What do you think? I'd like to start moving on this.
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...