ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Website management

  • To: michel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Website management
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:16:15 +0100

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:36:04 -0800, ICANN At-Large - Denise Michel
<michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Regarding new approaches to online disccusions and other website
>elements, I think it would be useful if a couple of ALAC members worked
>with me over the next few weeks to put together a specific proposal for
>the ALAC/At-Large websites.  There seems to be general agreement that
>something different/more should be done (see my 12/5 email and others
>regarding this issue) but a much more focused discussion (and
>consideration of a fair amount of substantive, technical, budget and
>other details) is required to actually propose and implement a plan.
>
>Your thoughts?

We should have one ALAC member "politically" responsible for external
communications, and who could spend some time on this. So I agree.

Also, you should perhaps include in the loop people who have declared
interest in working on this (James Seng, for example).

I think I feel the need for a global mailing list for individuals wishing to
participate - much like the GA list was years ago. Thomas's attempt with the
icann-people list doesn't seem to be too successful for now, but perhaps
it's just a matter of bootstrapping it.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...