I incorporated the comments I received. I think we can proceed - let's ask
the applicants if they could please reply by the end of the year.
1) Why are you applying for ALAC membership?
2) Are you aware that being an ALAC member involves the following
commitments which new ALAC members are expected to meet:
- Physical participation in three ICANN meetings per year (5 days each)
- Participation in one conference call per month
- Participation in online mailing list discussions
plus any additional time commitment deriving from any specific issue you
might become involved with? Also, are you aware that there would be no
compensation for your work, except expense reimbursement for travel and
3) How much time do you think you could actually devote to the work of the
Committee on a regular basis? (Average time commitment is thought to be
around seven hours per week.)
4) In which (if any) of these optional additional activity sectors you think
you have the required skills, and would like to be involved?
a) Outreach and recruiting of new At-Large Structures
(involves systematic online/phone contacts with organizations in
your Region and possibly travel to a few events per year; will
also involve helping with the preparation and execution of
Regional At Large Organization startup)
b) DNS policy making processes
(requires acquaintance with technical and policy aspects of the
DNS; involves in average 2-3 conf calls per month per issue,
plus online discussion, and possibly drafting statements)
(involves participation and active fostering of public discussion
forums, website management at least at the editorial level, and
preparation of material in cooperation with ICANN staff)
5) If not selected as ALAC member, would you still like to serve in one of
the additional positions appointed by the Committee (i.e. liaison to GNSO,
task force member...), and (if yes) in which?
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...