ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Agenda for Mar del Plata

  • To: Denise Michel <michel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Agenda for Mar del Plata
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:52:01 +0100

Il giorno mar, 22-03-2005 alle 13:37 -0800, Denise Michel ha scritto:
> No agendas are posted yet for the ALAC-related meetings, which also are
> listed below.  Please share any suggestions you may have for agenda
> items, as well as speakers/guests for these meetings.  Some ideas
> include: status report on At-Large in each region; consideration/vote on
> 6 pending ALS applications; review of ALAC/At-Large; discuss At-Large
> input on ICANN's operational and strategic plans; discuss Nominating
> Committee process/meet with At-Large NomCom delegates; discuss proposed
> ALAC statement on IDNs; review recent activities on IDNs and status of
> IDN Advisory Cmt.; review proposed joint statement on WSIS&ICANN;
> discuss next steps in WSIS and WGIG processes and At-Large's role;
> review strategy/action on introduction of new domain names; status
> report on new sTLDs and .NET; review/discuss registrars' action on
> auctioning expired domain registrations; updates on WIPO2 and PDPs for
> registry service changes and WHOIS; and reports on GNSO, ccNSO, GAC,
> Board activities. (just to name a few ;)

I would add some GNSO-related issues such as Whois, .pro and IDNs.

More generally speaking, could ALAC members please send to the list any
discussion item that they would like to see addressed in Mar del Plata,
let's say by next Wednesday? We will then do some agenda bashing at the
start of our meetings.

Also, I'm wondering how many of us will already be there by Sunday noon.
I think we could try to have a short meeting (for example to discuss the
agenda) just after the end of our Regional Workshop, at 5pm, possibly
followed by a dinner together. Only three members will be missing this
time, and I think it's important that we use this chance to socialize.

Finally, I've received a proposal from the NCUC about the agenda of our
joint meeting:

> - Civil society in WGIG and in ICANN
> - ALAC-NCUC jointly as civil society, GNSO structuring, voting rights
> - ICANN's strategic plan
> - Significance of WGIG for ICANN

Comments? I think it's more or less what I had in mind.
Ciao,