ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Changes to the RAA

  • To: "At-Large Advisory Committee (publicly archived)" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Changes to the RAA
  • From: Bret Fausett <fausett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:23:52 -0800

In Mar del Plata, one of the significant items for discussion with the registrars will be changes ICANN is proposing to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement ("RAA). (see, http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/registrars/msg02787.html) This will be an important discussion for us to follow, since the RAA imposes some obligations on registrars that the registrars pass on to registrants. The RAA also provides ICANN with its enforcement mechanism against registrars. I will follow this process in my role as GNSO liaison, but I wanted to alert you to it as well before Mar del Plata. Happy travels.

        Bret