ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: Verisign paper for discussion on Deleting Domain Names Programing

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: Verisign paper for discussion on Deleting Domain Names Programing
  • From: Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:22:37 +0900

I think ALAC should make a statement/comment to show
our concern and possibly opposition to the proposed auction
for the deleted domain names.

It will give advantages to the economically rich guys to acquire
some good domain names who can afford that while leaving the
poor guys out who may have more legitimate use for the same domain
name.

I am not a 100% believer of the market forces and this is the kind
of thing we need to be really careful about.

Instead of auctioning, a lottery can be a good alternative.

izumi