[alac] Summary of action points from Luxembourg
I am posting my annotated agenda from Luxembourg, including action points agreed there. Please take due notice of each of them!
a. Revision of the ALS accreditation process
ACTION: Denise will write to members who are not here to solicit votes ACTION: Vittorio will make proposal for Bylaws edit etc.
b. Pending ALS applications
ACTION: Pierre and Sebastian will report asap on applications from their Regions
c. Outreach/RALO process ACTION: Vittorio-Roberto-Annette to work on principles paper for EURALO
a. ALAC self-review
ACTION: Sebastian to prepare a timetable for completion of the self-review process (by end July)
ACTION: Sebastian to prepare a draft self-review document (by end August)
b. Terms of initial members
ACTION: Vittorio to propose Bylaws edits on minimum requirements for participation
ACTION: Denise to write to remaining initial members and ask whether they would like to collectively resign [after self-review is completed at least in draft form, tentatively in September]
c. Rules of order
General agreement on keeping them informal. What about joint statements?
Internal operations (conference call plan etc.)
ACTION: Start to have one monthly conf call again, first week of each month, alternating Tuesday and Thursday, alternating times 22:00 UTC and 14:00 UTC â First one Tue Aug 2nd, 22:00 UTC - Denise will send a calendar
ACTION: From now on, all meetings and conf call minutes will be posted to the private list, with seven days for members to request edits or propose to keep some parts confidential. After that, they will be made public.
d. Review of internal positions for 2006
ACTION: Vittorio will prepare document on role description and options â then we agree/adopt it and discuss procedures for filling the positions by Vancouver
e. Mission/Vision statements ACTION: Bret will lead discussion on public list
f. New website
ACTION: Denise will take care of contractual agreements
ACTION: Jean will take the lead for finalizing and launching the website, defining posting policies in the different areas, etc.; Sebastian-Vittorio-others will help (discussion will happen on alac administrative list)
ACTION: Sebastian-Izumi? to make proposals on packaging/marketing our messages
4. Issues --------- a. Whois (constituency position due July 21) ACTION: On-list discussion
b. New gTLD strategy/process (comments due Aug 1)
ACTION: Comments to be provided to Bret by July 21. Bret will prepare a draft asap and we will put it out for public comment.
ACTION: Denise will prepare an introductory message to be sent to ALSes asap.
ACTION: Release joint statement w/NCUC (done)
ACTION: Vittorio, in due time, will revive the draft statement discussed in the past
e. Registry services
f. Registrar auctions
b. Statement on transparency ACTION: Release statement (done)
c. Operational plan
d. ALAC Budget / ICANN Budget ACTION: Release statement (done) ACTION: Vittorio to write to Twomey and ask about expenditure report
e. Feedback to NomCom
ACTION: Consider setting up town hall meeting with the Board
ACTION: Identify someone (among "local" members?) to take care of meeting organization
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...