ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] New .net agreement

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] New .net agreement
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:34:46 +0200

This is to remind you that we need comments on the revised .net agreement:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-22sep05.htm

I found this one very interesting:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-amendment-comments/msg00000.html
Maybe the 10% clause should be accompanied by other limitations (in Europe, it is still common to require that prices for services of general public interest cannot grow more than the official price growth rate until the contract expires, but I guess that's sort of a communist approach).

P.S. I liked the clause "This Agreement shall terminate in the event that **the U.S. Department of Commerce or ICANN, as appropriate,** designates another entity to operate the registry for the Registry TLD." Just in case anything happens to the DoC power of approval :-)
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...