ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] ICANN / VRSN settlement comment period extended

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] ICANN / VRSN settlement comment period extended
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 12 Nov 2005 10:10:26 -0500

Can anyone explain this cause and effect to me?  I quote from an article
on ICANN's home page:

 ... the Board is extending the period for comment by requesting that all
 constituencies and advisory committees submit concise, actionable
 comments regarding the settlement's effect on their stakeholder community

I understand that they're soliciting comments, and I understand that
they're extending the comment period from comically perfunctory to much
too short (which is certainly an improvement), but I don't understand how
one is supposed to lead to the other.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"I shook hands with Senators Dole and Inouye," said Tom, disarmingly.