Comment ccNSO10: At-Large Advisory Committe comment
  • To: <reform-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment ccNSO10: At-Large Advisory Committe comment
  • From: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:31:22 -0700

Interim At-Large Advisory Committee Comment on the Fifth Supplemental
Implementation Report of ICANN's Evolution and Reform Committee

The Interim At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) supports the formation of a
country code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO), and looks forward to
working with members of the ccTLD community within ICANN.

 The creation of the ccNSO will provide opportunities for enhancing global
outreach and diversity, and fostering productive exchanges of views and
experiences among Local Internet Communities and with ICANN.

The ALAC looks forward to constructive and open dialogue with the ccTLD
community.  We welcome the report's recommendation that the ALAC appoint an
observer to the ccNSO Council, since this will help foster dialogue between
the ALAC and the At-Large community and the ccNSO and the ccTLD community.
We believe this dialogue could be further enhanced by having a ccTLD liaison
participate in our Committee's work.  We hereby invite the ccTLD community
to engage in an exchange of observers and liaisons at its earliest
convenience.