New TLD
  • To: <stld-rfp-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New TLD
  • From: "Robin Bates" <bates4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:18:31 -0700

I know tha tyou are not taking more suggestions at this time, however, I would still like to give you this idea for a new TLD so that next time you are adding TLD's this will be one you seriously consider.

Pornography is continuing to be a thorn in the side of the internet, so why not contain all pornographic web sites to a TLD of ".porn" . That way anyone wanting to access that type of stuff can with full knowledge of what they are getting into.  Those of us who do not wish to access that type of information, can be  more certain that if we type ".com" instead of ".gov" inadvertently, while trying to access a web site, we will not be invaded with pop up screens of naked people.

I hope you will take this suggestion seriously.  Everyone whom I have spoken with about this idea has given it a very positive reception.

Thank you,
Robin Bates