Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jpalmer
Date/Time: Sat, March 3, 2001 at 4:46 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Because

ICANN has no authority to dictate the business models of registry business. Our tlds are our business products. It is illegal for the USG to destroy a business by engaging in the taking of its business product without just compensation.

That is against the Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution.

What right does ICANN have to tell internet businesses how to operate? They have none. Why should we have to apply to ICANN and live under *their* rules. I don't agree with their rules, especially this WIPO-UDRP forced arbitration policy.

I don't force my registrants to accept a draconian method of arbitration which almost always favors the rich and powerful IP interests over the little guy. If you have a dispute over a domain - take the matter to court pursuant to The Law.

I don't like an organization like WIPO, which is accountable to no one, having control over the dns of the internet, and neither do my customers.

My TLDs are my business products. They are taken by me already. Move on and select other tlds. What part of that don't you (or ICANN) understand?

John Palmer

Link: AGN Domain Name Service, Inc.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy