Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: EventRegistry
Date/Time: Sat, March 3, 2001 at 11:48 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Answer

Well, I thought that the Internet Community had ownership of the namespace not individuals/companies/government etc., The cost for a domain name is the administration cost for the use of that name. The creation of additional strings to expand the Main Internet Space and thus create growth for the NET.

I haven't heard of any of the other Alternative Root Servers being agreed upon by any other governments or recognized international bodies other than themselves.

ORSC website is non-functional, IRSC again non-funtional, Until the Alternative Root Servers can show to the Internet Community a Stable alternative they will not provide the platform for the greater internet.

Regarding me, I was part of one of the unsuccessful Applications for the new TLDs and will continue to build our Tld under a ccTLD until we can build it into a Top-Level Domain. The Right of Administration is only their when you show stability, reliability, and managability.

If you want your Alternative Root Servers to be accessible for the masses, then discuss with Microsoft and Netscape a change in the browser to access your nameservers and the ICANN nameservers.  Then it provides additional namespace expansion without hostile action between Root Systems.

If you or any other alternative Root Registries doesn't want to co-exist with ICANN Root System then you don't care about the greater Internet Community and you are out for destruction only. Therefore I would see Alternative Root System/s as radical, unstable, and therefore not a place to build my domain name brand.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy