Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: EventRegistry
Date/Time: Sun, March 4, 2001 at 4:03 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Answer II

Well,
     "Take your marbles then leave the sand box, but then don't try and take the sand box as well." In Plain English Build One Platform for the Whole Internet Community with ICANN Root System (gtlds and cctlds) or Just build your Private Intranet for yourself and associates.

The Internet Root Servers are just like the highways that are built through countries. They are Built for the Public Access but managed by Administrators, either government or businesses. Some roads are toll-roads for maintenance like the domain fees for the root servers.

I didn't say that business developing products should not recoup costs or administrate their services but they have to be responsible to their customer base and potential customer base.

But Everything I have read on the ICANN from people associated with ORSC, and All the Other Alternatives, seem small minded, I am only concerned with the time it has taken to bring the new TLDs online and then the next round of TLDs for the Internet.

It seems that you just don't like ICANN or anything USG does in their sandbox. So you and others went off and tried to build your own sandbox and now trying to destroy this one. Well , I think you should go and stay in your small sandbox.

REMEMBER MARKET POWER IT IS ON THE SIDE OF THE CURRENT INTERNET, NOT YOUR SIDE.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy