Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cindyl
Date/Time: Fri, March 16, 2001 at 4:22 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Network Solutions needs to go out of business

After a few months of having to wrestle with Network Solutions (ironic choice of name) I am out, $1,600 (had to rebuy my domain name from GreatDomains.com because NS didn't really tell me I was being shut off, they just sent one invoice and then multiple invoices for a domain that I actually didn't owe them any money for), and many, many hours on the phone with them.  The amount of time I have spent on the phone with them is absurd.

I have one domain on hold in the accounting department because they say I owe money, but when I call them and look at whois I owe NOTHING.  They are incompetent at best.  I would LOVE to see them put out of business just so I don't have to speak to their (I just learned English yesterday) phone answerers again.

And on the bright side of things there is Tucows OpenSRS.  The two companies are like night and day!  Tucows OpenSRS deserves an award or something for being efficient and wonderful to deal with.  Network Solutions needs to just give up and do us all a favor!

Also... NS user interface stinks.  Nothing works the way it is supposed to.    Even if you have a user name and password for an account it doesn't mean you can actually MOVE your domain to a new registry -- they'll do anything to get you to stay longer just so they can get an extra $35 out of you.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy