Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: S. Hudgens
Date/Time: Thu, March 22, 2001 at 8:24 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: ICANN Board Members (RE:  Image Online Design & .web)

ICANN Board Members:

This message has been posted in support of Image Online Design and its .web domain registry.  Although the Reconsideration Committee has recommended the Board 'stay the course' in its denial of IOD's application, I encourage you all to think long and hard before following that recommendation.

Each of you is well aware of the situation, and the controversy surrounding the denial of IOD's .web application.  I could list here many reasons why I, and many other people, view this action as one that most certainly did not have the Internet community's best interest in mind.  However, I am sure you all know these reasons well, so for the sake of concision I won't list them again.

Now, the opportunity to do what is fair and just is before you.  I believe each of you know that the Internet and its millions of users would benefit tremendously if IOD were to be allowed to operate its .web registry on equal ground with .com, .net, and .org. 

If ICANN is truly committed to a more useful and robust Internet, then I believe IOD and .web are worthy of a positive action by your organization.

S. Hudgens

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy